WELCOME TO THE 2020 MINNEAPOLIS CITY TREES PROGRAM!
NEW FOR 2020...
No Lottery-More Trees-New System!
Please Note: This is a NEW system. You will need to create a NEW account in order to check out. Thank you.
The Minneapolis City Trees Program is now open to ALL Minneapolis property owners!
March 23-May 1, 2020
(Or until sold out-whichever comes first)
* Trees available will be smaller in size (#5 and #7 container trees) than those of previous years in order to make more trees available to more property owners! Spread the word to your neighbors!
Things to Note:
- Trees are ONLY available to Minneapolis property owners.
- This is a new system this year. You will need to create a new account to purchase your tree.
- Trees are $25 each. First come, first served. One tree per address, up to 10 properties for permitted rental property owners. Rental property owners will need to check out individually for each property.
- Trees planted through this program MUST be planted on private property not within the boulevard or MPRB Right of Way.
- Trees will be available for pickup (tentatively) at the Minneapolis Impound Lot, 51 Colfax Avenue North. You (or someone on your behalf) must pick up your tree during this time-No Exceptions.
- May 16: 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
- May 17: 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
- May 18: 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm
- We will update you regularly regarding any pick-up scheduling changes.
- It's the law to contact Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet from power lines and/or buildings.
- Did you know you can save money on energy by planting your trees on the east or west side of your home?
- For more information, please contact Tree Trust's Community Forestry Team at 952.767.3886 or email@example.com.